Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Who Am I?




 


                                  


               Who am I? What a good question that is. I’ll start from the beginning where I was born. I was born in the big city of Tulsa, Oklahoma and moved here to Aurora when I was only a year old. My parents are Bill and Kathy and I couldn’t have asked for anybody better to be raised by. I have had one annoying brother to grow up with but what’s a good brother if he isn’t annoying?
               If you look at the pictures above my posting you can pretty much tell I’m a regular small town kid, and I don’t have a problem with that. A small town is where I always want to be; to me it is the only place that is home. Anybody growing up in a city doesn’t know what they’re missing out on. Even if there’s nothing to do you still find something to do with your friends, usually just riding in your truck around the country roads.
                That’s another thing that is very important to me is my friends. If you don’t already know friends are going to be there for you your whole life. Make sure you are picking good friends so you make good choices. One friend that I am especially happy to have is my boss Blaine Mann. If there is one thing this man has taught me it is that hard work pays off and to never slack. Blaine is probably the hardest worker I know and he is a big role model in my life. He may be tough on me but I appreciate it. Another friend I am especially happy to have is my girlfriend Kayla. This girl has kept me out of so much trouble that I don’t even know how to repay her. We have been together for a year and over a half now and I couldn’t ask for a better girlfriend in my life. She’s not perfect but how boring would that be if she was! She is one of my best friends and I can trust her with anything. Most importantly we can be ourselves around each other.

A football to symbolize
our family football
triditon.
                I would like to talk a little about my deep map also. The big picture of my deep map is a steering wheel. This is supposed to represent my hobby of just anything to do with cars. My family is a big cars family we have almost all raced some type of car and know everything there is to know about cars. If you have a question about a car I can most likely answer it. Working on cars is also a way to bond with my family which I feel is important to have in your life. Also on my deep map is a Husker football helmet. I live for Husker football. If there is going to be a game on don’t plan anything with me because my schedule is cleared.
My deep map in the shape of a steering wheel
               The last thing I want to talk about on this little posting is racing. Racing has been in my family since my grandpa raced at Mid-Nebraska Speedway in 1977. My dad, Uncle, Cousin, Brother, and I have all raced in some sort of way. If you have never been to a dirt track race I highly recommend you go to one. There is no better place to get a feel for a sport that has really inspired all the aspects of my life. I have been to so many race tracks across the nation and there has never been a bad one. In the words of Carl Edwards “A bad day at the races is still better than a good day at a normal job.” Trust me I’ve had plenty of those bad days but at the track it doesn’t matter you pick up and still have a great night. This is one of the things I love about racing no matter how bad it gets it is still fun…How can that be a bad thing? Racing is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. It’s in my blood.
                So as you can tell I’m not the average country kid you thought I was going to be. My life completely revolves around my friends and family. Like I said in the beginning of my posting friends can be one of the biggest influences in your life so pick the right ones, I did. Now get out there and enjoy life. Don’t waste your time doing something you don’t love because I sure haven’t regretted it.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Cale,

    I loved that you conveyed even more about yourself and your family and friends on this first posting. You include your love of racing too, but you prove there is so much more to you than that! :) And I'm so glad you chose your friends wisely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I didn't know you knew Blaine Mann. He is a former student and football player and wrestler. It's good to know he is a hard worker. :) I don't think he liked school as much as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cale,
    I just read your who am i post, and I can't believe that you're family has been racing since 1977. I knew Sam raced before, but never thought it tracked back that far! Like you said, I'm going to try and enjoy my life and stick close to the things I love. <3

    ReplyDelete